MRC Academy have announced the release of their latest version of their well received SBV2 4wd buggy, the PRO. This car is basically the same as the original SBV2 buggy but with all the optional parts that were available included in the package.
The SBV2 â€œPROâ€ has all of the Academy option parts originally offered for the V2, all in one package! The SBV2 â€œPROâ€ will provide rock solid performance and driver satisfaction from start to finish. Based on reactions from Team Academy drivers and the press at iHobby Expo, MRC/Academy has designed a winner that is showing very well in local, regional and national races.
Hit the jump to see the full list of specs…
– Battery may be mounted as a standard stick pack, side-by-side pack, 3 x 3, 4 x 2, or 5 x 1 saddle pack. This capability will allow drivers to balance the buggy depending on specific track conditions and driving style.
– Aluminum center brace can be moved to 3 different positions changing the way the chassis flexes. A second brace can be added for ULTIMATE rigidity.
– Motor can be mounted on either the left or right side of the chassis
– Main chassis, upper deck and battery strap are made out of thick black woven carbon fiber
– Machined purple anodized aluminum motor mount with traditional 2 screw mounting for more adjustability with pinion and included spur gears. (6 spur gears included 70,72,74,76,78,80)
– Adjustable slipper clutch is easy to tune by simply using the included wrench to tighten or loosen the dual slipper pads and plates without disassembling any part of the car
– Ball differentials with out-drive saver rings front and rear
– Academy’s infamous Teflon coated aluminum oil filled shocks
– Modular bulkhead with built-in kick-up (10 degrees)
– Adjustable, polished aluminum T6 Grade tie-rods all round
– One-way bearing on center shaft for superb steering upon corner entrance
– Universal drive-shafts on all four corners
– Full ball bearings throughoutâ€¦ no plastic or oilite bushings in this car
– NEW Hard suspension material, with additional hole in rear arm for short or long arm suspension geometry
– Lexan Body, Wing and Under-tray.