Kept under wraps at the Toy Fair back in February, Serpent have just released the full information on their long awaited 1/12th scale chassis, the S120. The S120 chassis consists of 2 main elements, the 2.5mm thick carbon fibre chassis plate and the rear single piece aluminium motor pod. The chassis uses a T-bar system, which has adjustable tension thanks to its unique tweaking system is damped using a conventional centrally mounted shock absorber together with a laterally mounted floating monoshock. The front end of the car is completely adjustable and utilises the now standard fixed lower suspension arms combined with active top wishbones, which together with kingpin mounted springs ensure that the car is able to corner at high speeds and soak up any small bumps found on the racing surface. In shops early August.
Click here for feature list and more images…
Some of the highlights of the car include:
– One piece CNC machined aluminium rear pod.
– 2.5mm thick Carbon fibre chassis.
– T-bar chassis.
– Laterally mounted monoshock.
– Centrally mounted tweak adjuster.
– Central main-shock.
– Completely adjustable front suspension.
– Pivot ball mounted steering blocks.
– Rear ball differential.
– Lightweight graphite rear axle.
– Adjustable ride height front and rear.