O.S. Engines have released this limited edition .21VZ-B V-Spec engine that will mark this succesful engine’s final production run with a total run of 300 pieces. The V-Spec LE will utilize the specially modified cooling head from the Speed II World Championship engine, that has been anodized in a very stunning gold and which will feature sixteen machined holes for lighter weight and more efficient cooling. To top it all off, the head will feature custom graphics to signify all four IFMAR World Championships and each engine will be individually numbered. This special run will only be available from U.S. based dealers.
– Features a hardened chrome-plated 3-port cylinder liner with three intakes and one exhaust for high durability and long life.
– A machined billet aluminum piston with a pair of parallel rings that trap fuel oils for excellent lubricating properties between the piston and sleeve is part of this engine. Cutouts in the side of the piston lighten its overall weight making it easier for the rod and crankshaft to move a higher RPM’s.
– The slide valve 21J carburetor with 8mm and 9mm carb restrictors allow quick and easy tuning to specific race conditions and has four separate adjustment: High Speed, Mid-Speed, Low-Speed and Throttle-Stop.
– The SG-style crankshaft in the V-Spec is constructed from hardened steel and machined to perfection. The counter weight is angled for the purpose of lightening it while the fuel chamber’s exit point is chamfered to provide a smooth path for fuel and air mixture.
– The connecting rod sides use a knife-edged design to reduce drag and weight which increases horsepower.