Juraj Hudy and the Xray Engineering and Racing Teams have conceptualized and built the all-new XB9 platform based on long-term experience and achievements. The XB9 is all-new, featuring innovative Xray Multi-Flex adjustment, superior weight balance and weight distribution, easy chassis flex setting for traction and stability adjustment, and more forgiving and easy-to-control handling. Long-term tested by Team and regular drivers in all conditions, the innovative design focuses all the way down to the smallest details to increase performance, handling and reliability. All-new shocks feature completely redesigned parts which were real-world track tested as well as using special simulation equipment for extreme overload.
– All-new XB9 platform
– Innovative Xray Multi-Flex™ setting
– All-new and improved weight balance and weight distribution
– Easy chassis flex setting for traction and stability adjustment
– More forgiving and easy-to-control handling
– Long-term tested by team and regular drivers in all standard conditions
– Focus on smallest details to increase performance, handling, and reliability
– All-new shocks with completely redesigned parts were long-term tested at tracks and using special simulation equipment for extreme overload
– New drivetrain parts for increased performance, weight balance, traction, and reliability
– New narrower chassis is more flexible in longitudinal direction and stiffer in lateral direction
– New chassis flex adjustment
– New radio box plate with batteries relocated to front
– New side guards with Multi-Flex™ adjustment offer improved side protection against dirt and protection of the fuel tank
– New high-downforce body with side guides and improved engine cooling
– New rear wing with increased side stability and increased downforce
– New rear wing was specifically designed to work with the new body
– New more-reliable central drivetrain with larger outdrives and new central drive shafts with 3mm pins
– New drive shaft locking rings prevent the driveshaft from coming apart
– New drive shaft rubber covers protect the CVD drive shafts from dirt
– New front & rear drivetrain ratios feature 12T pinion gear and 40T diff gear
– New 13T clutch bell and central diff 46T spur gear
– New front & rear lowered shock towers with one-line optimized shock positions
– New big-bore, long-stroke shock construction featuring all-new shock parts
– New increased shock stroke for increased suspension down travel
– New reinforced shock ball-joints and shock balls with increased movement
– New hard coated shock bodies with black coating
– New lower shock nut with shock shaft centering
– New shock collar for increased suspension down travel
– New ultra-precise 6-, 8- and 10-hole shock pistons with different hole diameters
– New longer shock shafts
– New ultra-fine shock protective rubbers with new construction and mounting
– New rear uprights with dual holes for short and long arm mounting
– New rear suspension arm gives possibility to adjust the length of the arm depending on the track conditions
– New optimized shock positions on front & rear suspension arms
– New front suspension arms allow mounting of 5° king-pin steering block without needing to use offset wheel adapters
– New steering plate with 3 different Ackermann positions
– New improved, higher-precision servo saver
– New front brace
– New lightweight drivetrain parts
– New updated rear wing holders
– New body mounting via 1 front and 2 rear body mounts
– New sealing between body and side guards uses Velcro tape to prevent dirt getting to the chassis
– New central differential mounts
Details of all new parts:
New narrow, straight chassis is more flexible in longitudinal direction yet is stiffer in lateral direction. CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 aluminium, hard coated for durability and long life.
Xray Multi-Flex™ has been now applied to off-road, giving super-easy chassis flex adjustment for traction and stability adjustment. An exclusive Xray innovation.
All-new radio plate design incorporates a new compact composite radio box. Batteries are now located to front for better balance. Clean and smooth 1-piece plate design.
Tough composite side guards give improved side protection, fits perfectly to chassis to seal against dirt, and protects the fuel tank. Features integrated Multi-Flex™ adjustment.
New-concept high-downforce body is designed to work with the new high-downforce wing for incredible handling. Features integrated side guides and gives improved engine cooling.
All-new high-downforce wing is designed to work with the new high-downforce body for incredible handling and increased stability. Molded from special, tough composite material.
Improved drivetrain parts give increased reliability and efficiency along with lower mass. Made from world-renown Hudy Spring Steel™ and extra-hardened for superior performance and ultra-long lifespan.
All-new drivetrain ratio gives increased efficiency and improved performance. Features the following gearing:
– 40T front diff gear
– 40T rear diff gear
– 12T front pinion
– 12T rear pinion
– 13T clutchbell
– 46T central diff
Reliable central driveshafts:
All-new central drive shaft design gives increased reliability. The larger and stronger outdrives feature protective rubber boots, thick 3mm pins, and a protective locking ring. Made from extra-hardened Hudy Spring Steel™.
All-new shock tower design with one-line shock positions give optimized mounting positions. Lightweight but extra-thick graphite material.
With all-new parts and construction, these big-bore, long-stroke shocks offer increased down travel and increased reliability and performance.
All-new shock parts:
All new shock parts include new hard coated shock bodies, reinforced ball-joints, shock balls with increased movement. New lower shock nut gives superior shock shaft centering. Ultra-precise shock pistons feature 6-, 8- and 10-hole shock pistons. The new longer shock shafts and new shock collar combine to give increased down travel. New ultra-fine shock protective rubbers give superior sealing against dirt.
Increased down travel:
Increased shock stroke and new shock collars give more suspension down travel for improved jumping.
New rear uprights:
New design, lightweight design rear uprights feature dual holes and allow for short and long arm mounting. The 3 upper roll centers give superior adjustment possibilities.
New rear suspension arms:
New-design rear suspension arms allow for arm length adjustment, optimized geometry, and give easier set-up depending on track conditions. Extra-strong exclusive composite mixture.
Optimized shock positions:
New, optimized shock positions on front & rear arms gives preset geometry, and allow for easy set-up.
New front suspension arm:
Newly-designed and optimized geometry front suspension arm allows fitting of 5° king-pin steering block without need for offset wheel adapters. Made from extra-strong, exclusive composite mixture.
New steering plate:
All-new steering plate design features 3 different Ackermann positions. Easy to set-up and gives optimized geometry. Made from CNC-machined high-grade graphite material.
New servo saver
New design servo saver has been updated to fit the new chassis layout. Offers improved reliability, higher-precision steering, and optimized geometry. Very easy to set up.
New front brace:
New front brace design for new chassis layout. Strong yet flexible, it provides the right amount of flex.
Improved body mounting:
Improved design for mounting the new high-downforce body, features 2 rear body mounts and 1 front body mount. Provides increased body stability.
New rear wing holder:
Updated rear wing holders are strongly constructed and offer different wing mounting positions. Made from special Xray-developed composite material.
New side guards feature areas for Velcro tape to form a perfect seal between side guards and body to prevent dirt from getting into the chassis.
New central diff stands:
Newly-designed central differential stands are higher to fit new larger center spur gears, and give easy access to the diff.
Xray XB9 General specs:
– Premium high-competition off-road buggy
– Efficient Zero Kingpin suspension
– Lightweight & strong composite steering blocks with molded-in steel bushings
– Well-proven suspension parts and geometry
– Ultra-low CG, all parts centralized in chassis
– Optimized front/rear and left/right weight balance for perfect jumping
– Pure racing design, highest performance, ultra-durable parts
– Ultra-lightweight, high-tensile transmission parts hand-made from special world-renowned top-secret self-developed Hudy Spring Steel™
– Drivetrain includes 22 high-speed rubber-sealed bearings for maximum efficiency and speed
– Ultra-precision front/rear and center diffs with Hudy Spring Steel™ outdrives
– Pinions, spurs, crown gears and clutchbell manufactured by Hudy
– Steel brake disks for ultra-efficient, fade-free braking
– High-grip brake pads
– Exclusive adjustable turnbuckles from Swiss 7075 T6
– Small profile steering blocks with molded-in steel bushings and ultra-light caster blocks
– Ultra-strong inboard & outboard suspension pivot pins
– Front & rear anti-roll bars
– Centralized engine positioning
– Gearboxes with Labyrinth Dust Covers™
– Clutchbell with oversized ball-bearings
– Super-low profile foam air filter with redesigned rubber elbow
– Larger-capacity fuel tank with capacity-adjustment inserts
– Fuel line holders mounted directly on fuel tank
– Fuel tank pressure cap with 1-piece profiled seal for perfect fitment
– Xray Premium Shock Oils for perfect consistency
– Winner’s pedigree – European Champion, countless National and Championship titles, Multiple Car-of-the-Year awards