Having received clarifications on the new EFRA 1/10th IC Track rules just 2 weeks ago, today it is the turn of Sander de Graaf, 1/8th track chairman, to clarify the rules for his section. The confusion surrounding the new rules, voted on at the recent AGM, has again to do with the date of implementation. Most of the new rules will come into effect this year with the exception of the new lower weight limit of 2400 grams which will only come into affect in 2013.
With regards to the rule decisions from last AGM a lot of emails have been going on the past weeks. Unfortunately I have been on holidays for 4 weeks and I was not able always to answer some of those emails immediate.
Main problem has to do with date of implication.
As for 1/8th, my intention was to make all decisions immediate, since for some other rule changes we put in 2013, which means all the others are 2012. But some technical rule change need 1 extra year, because not all manufacturers have the same view or are prepared to a rule change.
Now the 1/10th Class has postponed the weight for 1/10th for one year it will be difficult when I push this for 2012, although the difference is not so big.
The other rules are no real technical changes that need extra time. Inserts for 8mm are already available for more than 5 years, air filter is no problem. Height measurement is same as previous, but now easier and fuel specs is one or 2 fuel manufacturers that need to pay attention to their product.
– rule 5.1 8.00mm carburettor diameter (date of implementation 2012)
– rule 5.4 tyres must pass the test with the Mini Rae sniffer (date of implementation 2012)
– rule 5.7 air filter for rain (date of implementation 2012)
– rule 5.18 20mm blocks for height checking (date of implementation 2012)
– rule 5.20 fuel specs, two new rules passed the voting, 0.91 and an official density meter (2012)
– rule 5.22 minimum weight = 2400g (date of implementation 2013)