John Ermen wins Rd3 of Dutch Nationals
Last weekend the 3rd round of the Dutch 1/8 onroad nationals was held on the fast Baanbrekers track in Rucphen. Although the weather forecast predicted rain we had a beautiful day with only a few meaningless drops during the finals. After 3 very fast qualifying rounds it was Robin d’Hondt taking the pole followed by Rick Vrielijnck, Steven Cuypers and John Ermen. With the start of the final Robin had some troubles so Rick V took the lead followed by Steven and John. Sadly both Steven and Robin were taken out due a collision so Rick and John had some space to fight for the win and John was coming close to Rick. Behind them Gunther van Steay and Frank Baggen were fighting for the 3rd spot. Just near the end of the final Gunther hit problems as did Rick V bumping Frank to the 2nd spot. Despite not finishing Gunther managed to hold on to the final podium place.
The final result of the NK final:
1. John Ermen – 132L 30:03.072
2. Frank Baggen – 128L 30:05.123
3. Gunther van Steay – 124L 29:18.375
4. Donny Blommers – 124L 30:00.848
5. Daan Halling – 124L 30:06.557
6. Rick Vrielijnck – 108L 26:37.264
7. Michiel Renting – 75L 21:07.324
8. Marcel Schouten – 63L 16:51.235
9. Stefan Cuypers – 17L 04:07.246
10. Robin d’Hondt – 17L 04:29.866
In the NOMAC class it was Marc Meijer setting the best time in the 1st round of qualifying but with the other 2 rounds it was clear that Danny Leewis was the man to beat. Danny was folowed by Marc Meijer, Patrick Vannieuwenhuyse and Ad Vissenberg. In the fimal Danny took the lead and increased the gap every lap. At a certain moment he was just cruising to the finish, keeping his car and tires in shape. In seccond place it was Marc Meijer who had no pressure while Patrick took the last podium place but he had to fight for it with Ruud Knoester and Andy Muijres.
The final result:
1. Danny Leewis – 126L 30:08.436
2. Marc Meijer – 125L 30:13.687
3. Patrick Vannieuwenhuyse – 121L 30:02.686
4. Ruud Knoester – 121L 30:11.428
5. Andy Muijres – 120L 30:07.514
6. Stanley Bauer – 113L 30:05.802
7. John Lenaers – 110L 30:00.078
8. Mark Hellenbrand – 109L 30:06.293
9. Ad Vissenberg – 25L 06:02.339
10.Ingeborg Gommers – 9L 02:18.188
The next race will be in 4 weeks at the Raco2000 track.
Thanks to Roelof Tooms for the report.