Xray XB4 free upgrade package
In a commendable display of customer service, Xray will be giving out this upgrade package to current XB4 owners for free. “Despite the long term performance and durability testing to which the Xray XB4 was subjected by the factory and R&D team, several XB4 customers have reported minor issues in crash situations. Xray has been well known to fully stand behind their products and is known for providing first class customer service and support. Even though the reported issues have affected only a small portion of XB4 owners, Xray felt that it would be prudent to provide a free XB4 upgrade package to all XB4 owners through the shop where the kit was originally purchased.”
The package will include:
- Improved 35T diff gears V2 – they have symbol 35 on the back of the gear. Replace both front and rear. The new gear reduces play of the internal satellite gears inside the diff to reduce the risk of damage to the satellite gears.
- Replacement internal diff gears – no change to the parts, just a free spare for those whose gears may have been damaged due to the 35T gear issues. No need to replace if the original ones are undamaged.
- Reinforced front diff bulkhead V2 – to replace front bulkhead to increase durability in crashes.
- Reinforcement for the front shock tower – to reinforce the shock tower in serious crashes.
- Reinforcement for rear roll center positions – to reinforce the camber link assembly on the rear shock tower in serious crashes.
These upgrade packages will start shipping next week, however, it will take some time until the packages will reach all distributors and they are able to distribute them to the shops.
Source: Xray [teamxray.com]