Berntsen & Bengtsson win 2012 Nordic titles
The 2012 Nordic Championship was held last weekend at the nice Trollhättan-track in Sweden. The race saw 48 drivers attending from Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland, 23 drivers in the 1:8 class and 25 in the 1:10 200mm class. The weather forecast for the whole weekend was bad, with rain forecast on all three days, though we had a good time of practice on Friday with pretty nice weather. The traction was good, but the tire wear was extremely high. During the practice many drivers in both classes showed their skills and everything was set for a tough and nice race. Unfortunately the rain came down on Friday evening and continued through the night and until next morning.
On Saturday morning it continued to rain and both of the controlled practice runs was characterized by rain and a wet track. But as the 1st out of 4 qualification rounds started, the track dried up and all the qualification rounds was run on a dry track. After the qualifying was done the standing was:
1:10 200mm top 3
1. Adrian Berntsen (N) Capricorn/Capricorn – 29L 7.12.409
2. Per-Ola Hard (S) Serpent/O.S – 28L 7.02.910
3. Tom Erik Haaversen (N) Capricorn/Novarossi – 28L 7:04:194
1:8th track top 3
1. Adrian Berntsen (N) Capricorn/Capricorn – 32L 7.11.051
2. Marcus Lindner (S) Serpent/Novarossi – 31L 7.02.739
3. Christofer Hedlund (S) Xray/Orcan – 31L 7.08.131
When we woke up on Sunday morning the track was again wet, and the weather was cloudy and also colder than the last two days. With the rain starting and stopping all the time, all of the lower-finals were driven on a wet track.
The 1:10 200mm final started wet but in the last 10 minutes the track was more or less dry. Even though somebody chose to change to normal shore tires, they hadn’t enough time to change so much in the end-time result. In the end it was Adrian Berntsen that took the win, 4 laps ahead of the second place finisher.
Top 3 result
1. Adrian Berntsen (N) Capricorn/Capricorn – 147 laps
2. Tom Erik Haaversen (N) Capricorn/Novarossi – 143 laps
3. Werner Ersland (N) Capricorn/RB Murnan
The 1:8 final was driven on a more or less dry track, and there it was hometown driver Magnus Bengtsson driving a perfect final, cruising to victory winning 5 laps ahead of second place finisher, Bengt Andersson. The 3rd spot was taken by the big surprise of the event, Erik Arntzen making his comeback without any practice before the event.
Top 3 result
1. Magnus Bengtsson (S) Mugen/Novarossi – 190 laps
2. Bengt Andersson (S) Serpent/Novarossi – 185 laps
3. Erik Arntzen (N) Xray/Novarossi – 182 laps
Thanks to Adrian Berntsen for the report.