Today saw the finals run at the Spanish EFRA GP in Madrid, where the weather was playing a factor all weekend, with cold temperatures and rain causing distruptions to all racers and todays weather was not much better, with rain dispersed by sunny spells. With so many drivers far down the order after qualifiying there was a lot of action in the lower finals with Carlos Peracho, Teemu Leino and Darren Johnson, some of the drivers making their way up into the A-final from lower qualifying spots. The 45 minute main final was disrupted once more by rain showers, which made tire choice vital, and the one who got it right was eventual winner Darren Johnson, racing a Team Magic G4S, who won ahead of 2nd placed Xray driver Teemu Leino of Finland by 5 laps with 2nd placed qualifier Rafael Ortiz eventually claiming the final podium spot in 3rd, one lap down on Leino.
More pictures to follow.
Click here for the final top 10 results and a video from the event…
1. Darren Johnson (GB) – 83L 45:09.702 – Team Magic G4S
2. Teemu Leino (FIN) – 78L 45:11.086 – Xray NT1
3. Rafael Ortiz (E) – 77L 45:32.247 – Serpent 720
4. Oscar Cabezas (E) – 62L 45:08.947 – Serpent 720
5. Niklas Hakansson (SE) – 58L 45:03.086 – Xray NT1
6. Tony Mur Jr (E) – 56L 41:44.117 – Mugen MTX-4
7. Joao Malveiro (POR) – 56L 45:23.051 – Serpent 720
8. Victor Palaez (E) – 44L 45:10.131 – Team Magic G4S
9. Manuel Huber (A) – 8L 9:34.601 – Xray NT1
10. Carlos Peracho (E) – 0L 0:15.122 – Xray NT1