The 2007 FEMCA Championships are over and 2 new champions have been crowned at the JITC in Jakarta, Indonesia. In the 1/10th scale class it was Serpent 720 racer Teddy Syatch that came out on top with a 4 lap advantage over Singapore Kyosho racer Philip Lee, while Xray NT1 racer Sadikan came home in 3rd. Pole position sitter, Japanese racer Ken Furukawa, racing for Kyosho, had a difficult race and came home in 5th.
In the 1/8th scale main final, there was drama at the end of the 45 minute final when Serpent 960 racer Suruth V. took the win by 1 lap only to be disqualified for being 10 grams underweight, a bitter blow for the Thai driver. This handed the win to Japanese Mugen racer Yuruki Kazuya who took the win by 1 lap ahead of 1/10th class winner, and local Serpent racer, Teddy Syatch in 2nd while another Japanese racer Yokoyama Masaki, with another Serpent 960 came home in 3rd.
Click here to see the final results…
1/10th Scale Results
1. Teddy Syach – 156L 45:16.894
2. Philip Lee – 152L 45:06.909
3. Sadikin – 152L 45:13.963
4. Kris Heriana – 151L 45:02.255
5. Ken Furukawa – 151L 45:03.357
6. Benjamin Seet – 148L 45:03.093
7. Erwin Luhur – 147L 45:01.574
8. Philip Woodburry – 146L 45:06.100
9. Charlee Phutyotini – 140L 45:11.163
10. Suruth V. – 122L 36:16.772