Last weekend saw the 2007 Reedy Touring Car Race held at Tamiya America’s soon to be closed track in California. Attracting a large amount of top international racers for the Invite class, the event features a qualifying & final race format in which the best six results from 8 rounds count and are used to determine the winner. After all the running it was German racer, and former World Champion, Marc Rheinard that could take the overall win, despite a slow first day that saw him down in 6th position meaning the Tamiya driver had to work hard on the Sunday to claim his second Reedy Race title in a row. British racer Craig Drescher, racing the all new Team Associated TC5, came home in 2nd place just ahead of his team mate Juho Levanen of Finland.
Click here for the final Invite class results…
1. Marc Rheinard (Germany) – TRF415MSXX
2. Craig Drescher (UK) – Associated TC5
3. Juho Levanen (Finland) – Associated TC5
4. Viktor Wilck (Sweden) – TRF415MSXX
5. Hubert Hoenigl (Austria) – TRF415MSXX
6. Astushi Hara (Japan) – HB Cyclone
7. Ronald Volker (Germany) – HB Cyclone
8. Andy Moore (UK) – HB Cyclone
9. Surikarn (Thailand) – HB Cyclone
10. Teemu Leino (Finland) – Xray T2’007
Check out some great action and pit photos from the race here.