Kyosho have released the full details of their new RTR version of the popular Lazer ZX-5 4wd buggy that we showed you back in February.
Kyosho – For nearly 20 years, the Kyosho Lazer has been part of the racing landscape. As the successor to the Kyosho Optima, which is largely credited with making 4WD electric racing popular, the Lazer is always at the cutting edge of technology and competes at the highest levels including the World Championship. Much of the same advanced technology that makes the Lazer such a formidable force on the world stage is now available in a ready to run package. The new Lazer ZX-5 ReadySet not only breaks new ground as a 1/10 4WD ready to run, it also shares the DNA of a racing champion.
The ZX-5 ReadySet features shaft-driven 4WD. Development costs have historically been less expensive for a belt drivetrain, which is why that type of drivetrain is so popular on older cars. Kyosho is one of the only manufacturers that have invested in the technology, and that has the design ability and quality, to produce a superior shaft drive system. The shaft drive is more efficient, requires less maintenance and adjustment, and it’s more durable. The ZX-5 ReadySet benefits from the drive system developed for the top-of-the-line racing machine, as well as the suspension and many other components. Additionally, the parts are completely compatible between the racing kit and the ReadySet, as are the option parts. So, you can repair, replace, and modify your ReadySet buggy as you wish, using almost any factory or aftermarket parts developed for the competition ZX-5. It’s simply the most versatile package in the ready-to-run category, offering the best value and ease of operation for beginner and novice enthusiasts.
– Completely factory assembled and painted – just install batteries (not included) and you’re ready to go!
– Low-maintenance, high-efficiency shaft-drive that gets power to the ground fast.
– Shares the same basic platform as the ZX-5 racing buggy, so all of the replacement, factory option and aftermarket parts fit, giving the ZX-5 ReadySet owner hundreds of choices to modify and customize their car.
– Includes high-power 20-turn motor and a compact electronic speed controller.
– Chassis layout features excellent balance using a straight six-cell matched pack or a stick pack – no complicated and annoying saddle packs.
– Full set of 20 ball bearings are included for smooth running and long lasting performance.
– Equipped with oil shocks that feature threaded spring pre-load adjusters for quick and easy adjustments for racers that want to fine-tune performance.
– A standard competition-developed slipper clutch protects the drivetrain and gets power to the ground more smoothly.
– Front and rear ball differentials, developed specifically for racing, are included in the Lazer ZX-5 ReadySet, which means this machine is ready for the racetrack.
– High-quality materials are used in the main chassis and upper support, which ensures durability and maximizes performance.
– Double-wishbone, four-wheel independent suspension soaks up the biggest bumps and includes turnbuckle type upper links for quick adjustment.
– Body is painted, decaled and trimmed right out of the box – no custom fitting or detailing is required.
– Factory-glued tires eliminate a messy and difficult job for newcomers, just install the batteries and you’re ready to go!
– Compatible with virtually all factory and aftermarket Lazer ZX-5 option parts.
– Factory assembled chassis with installed electronics
– Painted and trimmed body complete with decals
– KT-3HS wheel-type transmitter
– AA-sized batteries (8) for transmitter, and six-cell Ni-MH sub-C battery pack and charger are sold separately
Chassis Technical Data
Length: 14.96 in. (380mm)
Width: 9.76 in. (248mm)
Height: 5.71 in. (145mm)
Ground clearance: 1 in. (25mm)
Wheelbase: 10.63 in. (270mm)
Tread (F/R): 8.27 in. (210mm)/7.87 in. (200mm)
Tire (F/R): 86×34mm/86×42mm
Gear ratio: 8.85:1
Approx. weight: 58.2 oz. (1650g)
Motor: 20-turn G20 motor