Held last weekend at the Gubbio track in Italy, was the first Italian Open Champion Race for 1/10th 200mm touring cars. Featuring a number of big name racers, including Top US racer Chris Tosolini, qualifying saw current European Champion Dario Balestri take the pole position for the main final ahead of Francesco Tironi in 2nd and Sirio team mate Tosolini lining up 3rd. The start of the final saw Balestri jump into the lead where he stayed until 5 minutes when he ran out of fuel, leaving D’Angelo to pick up the lead, but he too had problems and Tosolini could pick up the lead, from where he controlled the rest of the race to take the chequered flag 3 laps in front of Tironi in 2nd, with the final podium spot going to Davide Gallesi, giving Sirio and Kyosho a complete lock out of the top 3. The race was also part of the Italian Championship Expert Class and being the first Italian home, Francesco Tironi picked up the title.
Click here for more pictures from the event and the final results..
1. Chris Tosolini – 153 Laps in 45:00.929
2. Francesco Tironi – 150 Laps in 45:04.697
3. Davide Gallesi – 148 Laps in 45:13.885
4. Michele Scaglioni – 146 Laps in 45:03.91
5. Raimondo Gilletti – 143 Laps in 45:00.433
6. Daniele Agostinelli – 142 Laps in 44:56.011
7. Dario Balestri – 128 Laps in 38:28.072
8. Giuseppe D’angelo – 121 Laps in 45:12.399
9. Giordano Agostinelli – 77 Laps in 23:20.87
10. Piero Torregiani – 17 Laps in 07:12.229