We received a small report from the 1/10th scale EFRA GP that is being run this weekend in Gubbio, Italy. Saturday was scheduled to have 2 rounds of controlled practice followed by four rounds of qualification, however rain interrupted the racing, and saw the track get dry only after the first round of qualification. With the final heat of today also stopped because of the rain, it was Dutch Sirio racer Jilles Groskamp that is currently on pole position, ahead of Mugen racer Giuseppe D’Angelo in 2nd and current European Champion Dario Balestri in 3rd. Tomorrow morning will see two more rounds of qualifications run followed by the mains and we hope to bring you the results as we get them.
Click here for current standings and more photos…
Current qualifying standings (4 of 6 rounds)
1. Jilles Groskamp – Kyosho / Sirio (18 Laps in 5.05)
2. Giuseppe D’Angelo – Mugen / Novarossi (18 Laps in 5.06)
3. Dario Balestri – Team Magic / Novarossi (18 Laps in 5.06)
4. Francesco Tironi – Kyosho / Sirio (18 Laps in 5.08)
5. Daniele Agostinelli – NT1 / Max (18 Laps in 5.09)
6. Martin Christensen – NT1 / Sirio (18 Laps in 5.09)
7. Giorgio Defelici – NT1 / Max (18 Laps in 5.100
8. Davide Gallesi – Kyosho / Sirio (18 Laps in 5.10)
9. Mario Spiniello – Team Magic / Novarossi (18 Laps in 5.10)
10. Giordano Agostineli – Serpent / Novarossi (18 Laps in 5.11)
Thanks to Jilles Groskamp for the report and pictures.