Schumacher has announced the all new Mi4, the follow up to the company’s successful Mi3 touring car platform. Designed by their world championship winning engineering team, it has been developed by Phil Booth and the factory race team alongside multiple British touring car Champion Chris Grainger. With an efficient transmission and ultra precise CNC machined components, it handles like a dream. The superb suspension and pro shocks enable the Mi4 to carry fantastic speed through the corners, helping you to reduce your lap times, and the Mi4 is a pleasure to work on, with a range of easy adjustments and option parts.
– New clamp motor mount to adjust motor centreline position and therefore side to side weight distribution. The car can be perfectly balanced with lipo or nimh batteries and provides symmetrical chassis flex.
– New split rear transmission housing with options to adjust chassis stiffness, combined with new longer top deck design to optimise chassis flex and increase traction and corner speed.
– New quick release layshaft design for ease of maintenance.
– New ability to flip transmission to mount on other side to change weight balance for lipo or Nimh.
– New optimised carbon fibre upper link design with options to adjust roll centres.
– New centre point steering with forward facing balls to fine tune geometry. Fully adjustable Velocity Ratio, Ackermann Angle and Ackerman Rate.
– New slim lightweight CNC machined diff and spool pulleys.
– Ultra Low Anti roll bars, with New anti roll bar mounts with precise vernier adjustment to minimise play.
– New wider offset O ring retained wheel hexes.
– New lightweight moulded pivot blocks with optimised roll centre for most conditions.
Adjustable track width and toe in.
– New Stiff 3mm shock towers with optimised shock positions incorporating wide rear body mount for better stability & traction.
– Optional alloy twin pivot block system allows infinite adjustment of roll centres, toe-in, anti-squat, and track width on front and rear.
– Fully adjustable, suspension geometry, wheelbase, caster, camber, roll centre, track width, ackerman, droop, anti dive, anti squat, (with optional blocks) front toe in/out, ride height and much more.
– New 2.5mm Aerospace carbon fibre chassis optimised for both Lipo and 5 cell batteries combined. (Images at time of car shoot are prototype, see chassis only pics)
– Efficient transmission with twin Kevlar belts and precision CNC pulleys.
– Alloy eccentric adjusters for optimum belt tension. Easy diff height adjustment to allow changes in drive shaft plunge. This can be used to increase or decrease traction.
– Quick release diffs – Just 2 screws!!
– Super easy to work on design.
– Symmetrical chassis layout with few screws minimises tweak, including non load bearing motor mount for perfect symmetry.
– Ultra smooth Nickel-Teflon plated threaded alloy shock absorbers for extreme smoothness and durability.
– Alloy CV drive shafts with sprung steel axles and low friction blades.
– Lightweight machined diff pulley, Ceramic diff balls, aerospace thrust bearing.
– Heavy duty front spool with new lightweight CNC pulley.
– Narrow efficient thin back belts.
– Lightweight foam bumper.
– Strong steel pins and turnbuckles.
– Purple alloy M3 and M4 nuts.
– Battery fixing with tape or optional battery strap.
– Medium Flex wishbones for increased traction and better impact absorption.
– Speed secret parts available to fine tune to all track conditions.
– Available in Kit or assembled versions.
– Due May 2009