Robitronic have officially released details on the latest version of the Avid, which has been carefully refined leading to a more maintenance-friendly and better handling chassis. In the highly competitive sedan racing class, it’s often up to the small details to decide on victory or defeat and the new Avid v2 leaves nothing to be desired. The car’s completely symmetric chassis layout facilitates careful and precise setup work, while its adjustable flex for both the front and rear end makes it perfectly suitable for any track conditions. Large ball diffs and oversized wheel bearings keep service intervals low and durability at a maximum. Its uncompromising lightweight design employing premium quality materials, lowest possible C of G and sufficient room to fit the most popular components are the cornerstones of Robitronic’s new Avid v2.
– New and fully symmetrical chassis design and drill holes for perfect weight and flex distribution
– Easily customizable chassis flex setup for front and rear end.
– Even more reduced chassis weight
– Efficient dual-belt driveline featuring extra flexible and durable drive belts
– Extra large pulleys for minimal friction and maximum power handling capability
– All drivetrain parts are engineered with a light-weight design in mind reducing rotating masses and increasing acceleration.
– Lightweight aluminum ball diff in the rear, including extra large balls for supreme smoothness, durability and power handling.
– Spool on the front end.
– Hardened universal joints with replaceable drive blades for minimum wear
– Self locking wheel hubs
– Specially designed “anti-wobble” spur gear retainer for the best possible concentricity.
– A multitude of setup options for the steering and suspension geometry (camber, toe, caster, roll centre, width, wheelbase and many more) cater for the best possible setup under any conditions.
– Improved and better centered CoG for an unparalleled on-track performance.
– Durable hub carriers, cnc-machined from premium grade alloy
– Oversized wheel bearings for even lower friction, tighter clearance and better longevity
– Ultra slim 2,5mm carbon chassis featuring the new AVID v2’s LiPo-enabled design.
– Generous cutouts for perfect motor cooling
– The symmetrically cut and elongated upper deck now rests even lower.
– Ultra lightweight aluminum bulkheads feature an easy access (removing only 4 screws) to the diff and the spool.
– Easy access to the spur gear and main shaft
– CNC-machined alloy steering knuckles with a ball raced carbon steering link featuring optimized ackermann geometry.
– Ultra tough and newly designed 3mm carbon shock towers.
– Two battery retainer options: comfortable alloy brackets or uncompromising glass fibre tape.
– Precisely interlocking suspensions blocks made from high grade alloy.
– Newly designed anti-roll bars and mounts
– Oversized ball studs and “zero backlash” rod ends
– PTFE coated alloy shocks feature ultra smooth suspension movement and long wear.
– The motor mount is separated from the bulkheads