Schumacher have released full information on the new Cougar SV competition 2WD Off Roader. Shown to us here at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in Germany the Cougar SV features a mid-motor position, ultra compact design, perfect centre line balance and revolutionary constant radius steering system. Due to the late arrival of their show products to the fair hall, we were only shown the stick pack version, while there is a saddle pack version also available.
– Accepts either stick or saddle (with optional tray) lipo batteries for superb versatility.
– Unique constant radius steering system offers ultimate ackerman and linear steering response.
– Mid-motor position delivers awesome balance on the track and when jumping.
– Pro spec 13mm big bore shocks with titanium nitride shafts, CNC machined pistons with recessed ‘e’clips, threaded collars, twin O ring sealing and diaphragm volume compensation.
– PTFE coated shock bodies offer super smooth shock action.
– Quick release top deck system for optimised rigidity, yet fast, easy battery removal.
– Multi position rear shock layout, in front or behind the drive axle offers improved suspension tuning for both smooth and heavily rutted track types.
– Industry standard wheel fitment, with medium width front wheels as standard.
– Ultra compact transmission design for minimal weight, with maximum strength.
– Interchangeable internal gear ratios to optimise your gear ratios for all track conditions.
– All CNC machined geared transmission is super quiet and efficient.
– Motor rotates the same direction as the wheels creating a car with superb jumping responsiveness.
– Perfect centre line balance for great control for all track surfaces.
– Adjustable height differential, with zero geometry change, allows for optimised driveshaft plunge angle.
– Multi adjustable bushed pivot control system offers super smooth, multi position suspension action.
– Fully optimised suspension geometry gives fast, consistent handling.
– Maximum dimension rear wing for superb airflow control, offering maximum down force.
– Aerodynamic body and undertray design give a cool look and great functionality with minimum dirt pick up.
– Competition pro differential is a small diameter, lightweight unit offering low rotating mass.
– Purple 7075 T6 alloy motor plate, lower diff mounts, rear suspension pivot straps and front axles. – Strong yet lightweight.
– 26 piece ball bearing set gives silky steering and transmission.
– High tensile steel, titanium nitride coated shock shafts are strong with ultimate long life action.
Also available in the popular S1 version for racers with an eye on cost. Great performance, strength and great price.
S1 Specification includes;
– Tough S1 composite chassis and top deck with optimised flex.
– Tough S1 composite shock towers.
– Simplified shock design for ease of use.
– S1 spec carbon chrome diff balls & thrust bearing.
If you republish any elements from this page on another website, including text, original pictures or results please be sure to add a link back to this page as the source: