The 5th MORC Indoor GP took place last weekend in Bütschwil/Switzerland. Nearly all 1/8 scale nitro top drivers from Switzerland, Germany and Austria had signed for the race with the track being located in a large horse riding hall with rubber-matting and dirt sections as track surface. A large table top jump followed by a series of larger and smaller obstacles made up for a challenging track. Stefan Byesse (Mugen/RB/SPM) and Carsten Keller (Kyosho/Orion/SPM) dominated the qualifying with Hannes Käufler (Losi/nVision/DLD) and Marc Heim (Bergonzoni/Picco/SPM) close behind.
Right after the Start of the final, Carsten Keller followed by Stefan Byesse and Hannes Käufler could open a gap to the rest of the field. Stefan Byesse looked very fast but two flame outs cost him the change to get really close to the leader Carsten Keller who won race some three laps in front of Robin Frischkopf (Xray/RB/SPM) who endured a tough qualifying and only started from 8th place. The last place on the podium went to Stefan Byesse.
1. Carsten Keller (DE) – Kyosho/Orion/SPM
2. Robin Frischkopf (CH) – Xray/RB/SPM
3. Stefan Byesse (DE) – Mugen/RB/SPM
4. Hannes Käufler (DE) – Losi/nVision/DLD
5. Marc Heim (CH) – Bergonzoni/Picco/SPM
6. Sven Zünd (CH) – Kyosho/Orion/DLD
7. Dominik Tschanz (CH) – LRP/LRP/SPM
8. Joachim Kallen (CH) – HB/Orion/DLD
9. Dominique Gross (CH) – Mugen/Ninja/Tourex
10. Michael Wächter (DE) – Kyosho/Orion/SPM
11. Tobias Deicke (DE) – Xray/OS/SPM
12. Rene König (DE) – Mugen/LRP/SPM
Many thanks to the MORC and Philippe Gross for sending the report.