Last weekend saw the running of the final round of the Spanish 1/10th 2WD Electric Off-Road National Series at the Rueda Loca track in Leon with four drivers still having the chance to win the championship. Saturday would see a day of practice, with two controlled rounds late in the day to seed the heats for the following day. With just 2WD running, Sunday would have five rounds of qualifying and triple finals for all.
Since the first practice, Schumacher driver Pablo Fernandez was the fastest driver with his Schumacher buggy, followed by Zacarias Villalba (Team C) and David Bustos (Yokomo), who also had chances to win the overall championship. On Sunday, Schumachers Pablo Fernandez made a clean sweep by winning all 5 rounds of qualifying to take the TQ position. Behind him, Zacarias Villalba and Oscar Fernandez (Team C), completed the top 3 in qualifying. Going into the 7 minute finals, Pablo would continue his qualifying form to take all three legs, including the fastest lap and a new track record, to take the day’s win and with it the Spanish National Series title. Behind him Zacarias Villalba (Team C) and David Bustos (Yokomo) completed the podium.
1. Pablo Fernandez Rodriguez – Schumacher KR
2. Zacarias Villalba – Team C
3. David Bustos Flores – Yokomo
4. Jose Miguel Cantos Davia – Team Associated
5. Oscar Fernandez Alonso – Team C
6. Gonzalo Fernandez Rodriguez – Team Associated
7. Nahun Morales Gonzalez – Team C
8. Dany Fernandez – Team Associated
9. Alejandro Gonzalez Miranda – Team Associated
10.Juan Fernandez Tuya – Team Associated