Gizmo Racing USA have introduced the 2017 variant of the GZ1 electric touring car. The latest variant has been refined to an all-new level, making it more adjustable, more durable and easier to drive. The GZ1 2017 still features the patented 2-main-gear drivetrain system, which makes is possible to have a 100 percent centred drivetrain and it features a new chassis and redesigned side rails, all cut from premium 2.0mm quasi isotropic carbon fibre. The 2017 version chassis has a new shape that is narrower at the sides and especially at the droop screw locations, which allows for a more natural roll characteristic with less chassis drag. Also new are the patented one-piece vertically mounted top decks for increased stiffness. These new pieces now integrate the option to run two more posts in between the two vertical rails to adjust the car’s overall stiffness and change the flex points.
On the drivetrain side, new extra low-friction belts, ultra light double joint front universals and rear CVD universals are driven by revised high-grade alloy out drives that are 1.5mm wider for better driveshaft plunge while still maintaining a low rotational weight. Included in the 2017 are also new upper arms for more durability and less weight while sill allowing for full caster, active-caster, camber, roll centre, droop, dive, anti-squat, front toe-in/out, rear toe, and linear and re-active ARS type adjustments. The kit is rounded out by a new integrated steering rack stop for more reliability and steering feeling.
– New 2.0mm quasi isotropic woven carbon fibre main chassis
– New 3.0mm one-piece vertically mounted top deck
– New fully adjustable, lighter weight V2 Upper arm system with different upper link length options.
– New wider alloy out drives
– New high efficiency reinforced Kevlar drive belts for high efficiency
– All aluminium parts are made from 7075 high grade spec for maximum performance
– Patented mid motor for 100 percent centre drive train
– Gear diff with 35-tooth pulley
– Spool with 35-tooth pulley
– Front double joint universals
– Rear CVD universals
– Woven carbon fibre shock towers with multiple mounting positions
– Centralised low weight for optimal performance
– Woven carbon fibre floating and alloy servo mounts
– Adjustable Ackermann integrated into steering rack
– Symmetrical woven carbon fibre wishbones
– Narrow front and rear end hex for minimal unsprung weight
– Woven carbon fibre steering arms
– Threaded aluminium coilover shocks