Xray have introduced the 2017 variant of their successful NT1 1/10th 200mm nitro on-road kit. IFMAR World and EFRA European as well as multi-time national champion, the NT1 has proven to be very successful in the past with the 2017 variant again offering many refined areas over radical new designs and so the car is based off of a slightly updated aluminium main chassis that features larger cut-outs in the front and reinforcements in the rear for updated flex characteristics while a mirrored flywheel opening makes for equal left-to-right flex.
Attached to the new chassis are updated rear bulkheads for improved rear suspension flex while redesigned bulkhead upper clamps offer increased durability. Also new in the rear of the car is a 1-piece RF suspension mount that is connected to the rear bulkhead halves while interlocking with the chassis plate for improved centring.
Part of the 2017 package is also a new, stronger carbon fibre rear shock tower that improves high-speed steering while the body posts are mounted farther apart for increased stability. On top of this does a new carbon fibre roll centre bridge remove unwanted flex of the rear suspension for again increased corner speeds.
Attaching to the new chassis is a new centralised “floating” engine mount that is fixed close to the chassis’ roll centre for optimised rear end flex while not disturbing the natural left-to-right hand twist.
All new brake pad material makes for smoother and more consistent braking and also better braking feeling.
Updated, longer rear lower suspension pins make relocating the rear arms and thus the wheelbase by about 2mm easy, resulting in improved traction.
Moving forward in the chassis, the 2017 variant sports an updated 2-speed layshaft mount that lowers the shaft for an overall lower centre of gravity. The bulkhead also mounts to the chassis with more screws and an all-new graphite reinforcement plate connects the bulkhead halves for improved stability.
Also new on the NT1’17 are redesigned aluminium radio tray mounts for more equal flex characteristics while a relocated side belt tensioner directly mounting to the alloy radio plate holder for reduced wear.
An all-new carbon fibre radio plate offers improved mid-corner steering, greater front suspension flex and improved forward traction.
Replacing the previous link is a repositioned graphite rear chassis stiffener that connects the right hand 2-speed bulkhead and the rear radio plate mount.
Up front all-new aluminium upper arm holders make for improved flex of the front suspension and thus increased forward traction. This is further helped by softer upper A-arms that improve mid-corner steering and forward traction.
Another new feature up front are redesigned pivot balls whose narrower shank increases steering throw which can be helpful on tight and twitchy tracks.
The updated front end is rounded out by a new, softer 2.0mm swaybar wire for increased mid-corner steering. The kit will hit stores by the time you read this.
– All-new chassis features stiffer area under rear suspension for increased stability, larger openings under front suspension for increased forward traction. An additional opening (matching the flywheel opening) has been added to the other side of the chassis for equal side flex.
– All-new redesigned aluminium rear bulkheads for improved flex characteristics of the rear suspension.
– All-new redesigned aluminium rear upper clamps work with new rear bulkheads and offer increased durability.
– All-new redesigned aluminium rear – front 1-piece suspension holder allows mounting of the rear bulkheads into the holder for improved flex of the rear suspension. The holder is now inserted into the chassis for better centring.
– All-new redesigned aluminium rear 2-speed shaft bulkheads lower the rear 2-speed shaft to decrease the CG of the rotating parts.
– All-new graphite reinforcement plate connects the rear 2-speed shaft bulkheads for improved stability.
– All-new thicker graphite rear shock tower improves high-speed steering. Body posts are mounted on the shock tower wider for increased stability.
– All-new thicker graphite roll-centre bridge removes unwanted flex of the rear suspension and improved cornering speed.
– All-new updated aluminium upper arm holders offer improved flex of the front suspension and forward traction.
– All-new softer upper suspension arms offer improved in-corner steering and increased forward traction.
– Upgraded steel pivot balls allow increased steering angle for better cornering speed and out-of-corner steering.
– All-new redesigned aluminium radio plate mounts are now mounted to the chassis equidistant from the the chassis centreline, and inline for more equal chassis flex characteristics.
– All-new relocated side-belt tensioner mounts directly to the aluminium radio plate holder to reduce wear.
– All-new redesigned graphite radio plate offers improved in-corner steering, improved front suspension flex, and improved forward traction.
– All-new graphite rear stiffener works with the new repositioned aluminium radio plate mounts to increase stability. Replaces the previous link.
– All-new redesigned engine mounts offer improved and more equal chassis flex under the engine area.
– All-new brake pad material for smoother, more consistent braking and better braking feeling.
– All-new redesigned rear lower pivot pins work with adjustable rear wheelbase.
– All-new adjustable rear wheelbase allows 2mm rearward relocation of the rear arms for improved traction.
– All-new 2.0mm softer front anti-roll bar wire is included in the kit for improved in-corner steering.
– Improved flex of the front & rear suspensions.