The 2017 Quebec Classic was held this weekend near Montréal, Canada. Nearly 230 entries for the event made for full days of racing in the 1/8th off-road and 1/10th SC classes. In the premier Nitro Buggy class special guest Richard Saxton took the TQ showing everyone he is still super fast. TLR’s Aaron Kothman and Jerome Treignier came in 2nd and 3rd respectively. In the main, Richard and Aaron battled for few laps but the King took the win at the end followed by Aaron Kothman, Sam Langer and Jerome Treignier.
Nitro Buggy final results:
1. Richard Saxton – Team Associated/O.S./Pro-Line
2. Aaron Kothman – TLR/Reds Racing/Pro-Line
3. Sam Langer – Team Associated/RC Concept/Pro-Line
4. Jerome Treignier – TLR/RC Concept/Pro-Line
5. Eric Deschenes – Team Associated/MX/Pro-Line
In Nitro Truggy, Aaron Kothman took a clean sweep with the TQ and win over TLR’s Tommy Giovinazzo and AE’s Eric Deschenes. CRC owner Frank Calandra took 4th and HB Racing’s Sean Cuthbertson came in 5th.
Nitro Truggy final results:
1. Aaron Kothman – TLR/Reds Racing/Pro-Line
2. Tommy Giovinazzo – TLR/Novarossi/Pro-Line
3. Eric Deschenes – Team Associated/MX/Pro-Line
4. Frank Calandra – TLR/Novarossi/AKA
5. Sean Cuthbertson – HB Racing/X Fusion/Pro-Line
In E-Buggy 1:10 French Canadian driver Damian Lamy was on fire taking the TQ and win with Sam Langer in 2nd and Douglas Shewfelt in 3rd.
E-Buggy final results:
1. Damian Lamy – Team Associated/Reedy/JConcepts
2. Sam Langer – Team Associated/Reedy/Pro-Line
3. Douglas Shewfelt – Serpent/-/Proline
4. Wesley Gurr – Team Associated/Reedy/JConcepts
5. David Lecuyer – Serpent/SMC/Proline
With E-Truggy being quite a thing in this area the quality of the field was great and after the dust had settled Pascal Gelinas took the win by taking A1 and A2. Mugen’s Eric Raymond took 2nd and Tekno’s Steve Seguin 3rd.
The Quebec Classic is also ran +35 classes in both Nitro Buggy and E-Buggy. In Nitro +35, Richard Saxton took the win in front of Serpent’s Abiye Birku and Team Associated’s Eric Deschenes.
In +35 E-Buggy, Abiye took both A1 and A2 to take the overall while Eric Raymond (Mugen) took 2nd and Steve Di Placido (Kyosho) 3rd.
Finally in 4WD SC Pascal Gelinas and John Blakley had a great fight in both A1 and A2 but in the end, Pascal Gelinas took the win, with John “The Otter” Blakley 2nd and Craig Amo 3rd. Jay See finished 4th with some bad luck in both A2 and A3.