In the dawn of the forthcoming 57th All Japan Model & Hobby Show Tamiya have announced the planned release of the TRF419XR touring car chassis kit. No other information apart from the model name is known yet nor does the additional “R” allow for any guess about the kit’s specification. The kit will be on show at the the All Japan Hobby Show at the end of September and we bring you more information on the subject as soon as they surface.
Update: In the meantime we have received first official information on the TRF419XR. You can find them after the break.
Tamiya USA have released first official information on the forthcoming TRF419XR that will be available as a full kit for the Japanese market and as a conversion kit for all other countries. The XR variant features a number of refined parts designs and a new pitch stiffener, to boost cornering speed and steering response, as well as giving pinpoint control over its flex characteristics via various setup options. Key updates to the TRF419X is a new, symmetrical 2.25mm carbon fibre lower and 2.0mm upper deck, a centre pitch stiffener, a redesigned aluminium motor mount, new front and rear lower bulkheads as well as an updated servo mount and new front and rear stabilisers.
– New front and rear stabilisers are secured with ball bearings for precise, repeatable setup changes
– Super short big bore dampers and damper stays are included. Also in the box are dedicated damper stays for separately sold TRF dampers
– A new centre pitch stiffener allows adjustment of pitch rigidity. A choice of carbon fibre part or turnbuckle is contained
– The 45g LF battery ballast weight doubles as a battery holder
– More motor mount attachment points allow you to tweak lower deck rigidity to match the surface
– Centre shaft diameter has been changed from 4mm to 5mm, for easier assembly
As for the conversion kit, the set will fit both the TRF419X and TRF419X WS and it will bring both to full XR specification.
– 1/10 scale R/C chassis conversion kit. It contains all parts from the TRF419XR chassis kit which are needed to upgrade the TRF419X
– The new 2.25mm thick carbon fibre upper deck has a symmetrical design, and together with the 2mm upper deck has been designed to optimise the chassis roll point
– New front and rear stabilisers are secured with ball bearings
– Centre pitch stiffeners adjusts pitch rigidity. A choice of a carbon fibre part or turnbuckle is included
– 45g LF battery ballast weight doubles as a battery holder
– Motor mount features more attachment points to allow tweaking of lower deck rigidity
– New 5mm centre shaft for easier assembly
– Compatible with TRF419X (Item 42301) and TRF419X WS (Item 42311) chassis cars
Both the full kit and the chassis conversion will become available in December.