Serpent have officially announced the release of their new F110 SF4 1/10th formula pan car kit. Around in prototype stages for some time now the kit will finally hit stores in December. The SF4 variant is based on the ETS-winning SF3, however the biggest update is the new bearing-supported rear pod design that does away with traditional side links, ensuring a linear roll movement during cornering which ensures independent cornering from braking or acceleration. While this doesn’t change much in terms of mid corner handling, the construction gives an unprecedented consistency and stability at corner entry under braking and when applying steering input and also at corner exit when the throttle is hit before the steering is completely straight. This allows to brake and accelerate harder into and out of the corner.
Also new for the SF4 is a chassis-mounted wing stay with side plates running underneath the rear axle that prolong toward a lightweight wing mount. The result is less pod weight, a more constant wing angle and a more efficiently-working suspension that also allows to run more rear droop without sacrificing high speed stability. The car can also be run more aggressively, even over bumpy sections. Other features include battery in-line or transversal mounting, 1-screw LiPo mounting, a wider SF3-style front suspension, 2-position servo mounting, a double short side tube system as well as an ultra-low CG rear pod design. The kit is rounded out by a new rear shaft mount, an updated ball differential and variant rear shaft diameter.
– Innovative bearing-supported linear rear pod design
– Narrow chassis design with the possibility to run an in-line and transversal battery position
– LiPo and electronics holder included for in-line and transversal battery position
– Full strength top deck prevents pitch flex and allows for two body mount positions
– 1-screw LiPo mount with in-line chassis-loaded position. Transversal battery change through the sides
– Race-proven SF3 front suspension in wide-track configuration
– 2-position servo mounting plate and top deck for more precise servo mounting
– New chassis-mounted wing mount
– New double short tube side dampers
– Ultra-low centre of gravity rear pod design
– New rear shaft mount allows for quick ride height and wheelbase adjustments
– Updated ball bearing for longer lifespan
– Variable rear shaft diameter for longer bearing and axle life
– Keyed pod bulkheads avoid tweak issues