Round 5 of the Winter Jumps Series was held at the permanent indoor track in Vaasa. The 2011 IFMAR Worlds organisation team did a great job running the event that was held on a tile track and using control Schumacher Mini Pin tyres. Saturday was 2WD day and right from the get go it was Jamiel Gabrielsson and Lauri Ruotsalainen who were showing the best pace and after four rounds of qualifying both Jamiel and Lauri had two TQ rounds but Jamiel was handed the overall TQ by the tie-breaker. Behind the two, local driver Oskari Mäki lined up 3rd, Arttu Syrjänen 4th, Jarno Siltanen 5th, Max Söderlund 6th, Jani Mäkinen 7th, Pekko Iivonen 8th, Markku Honkanen 9th and Jarno Pottonen 10th.
In the finals, Jamiel took the win in the opening A-main with a near clean run and in front of Arttu and Pekko. The second final was won by Oskari in front of Pekko and Jamiel, making the last final the decider. In the final A3 it was Arttu who kept his nerves and with other drivers making mistakes, Arttu drove a perfect race to take the win securing the overall victory.
2WD final results:
1. Arttu Syrjänen – Team Associated
2. Jamiel Gabrielsson – Team Associated
3. Oskari Mäki – Team Associated
4. Pekko Iivonen – Schumacher
5. Jarno Siltanen – Schumacher
6. Lauri Ruotsalainen – Team Associated
7. Markku Honkanen – Team Associated
8. Max Söderlund – Team Associated
9. Jarno Pottonen – Team Associated
10.Jani Mäkinen – Team Associated
Sunday was 4WD day and Lauri and Jamiel was again showed great speed with Jarno and Pekko matching the pace. In the end Jamiel took the TQ in front of Jarno in 2nd, Lauri in 3rd, Pekko in 4th, Max in 5th, Markku in 6th, Jani Hovi 7th, Ilmari Ullakko in 8th, Arttu in 9th and Oskari in 10th position.
In the finals Jamiel showed that ha had the best pace winning the two first finals with clean driving. Lauri took 2nd in front of Pekko in 3rd and Jarno in 4th. Like Arttu in 2WD this was Jamiel’s first big win and it is really nice to see that Jamiel’s hard training has been paying off. Both Jamiel and Arttu are probably the hardest training juniors and it is great to see that the hard training is paying off.
4WD final results:
1. Jamiel Gabrielsson – Team Associated
2. Lauri Ruotsalainen – Team Associated
3. Pekko Iivonen – Schumacher
4. Jarno Siltanen – Schumacher
5. Markku Honkanen – Team Associated
6. Max Söderlund – Team Associated
7. Jani Hovi – Xray
8. Arttu Syrjänen – Team Associated
9. Ilmari Ullakko – HB Racing
10.Oskari Mäki – Team Associated