The popular outdoor tarmac track of A.S.D. Rivoli Racing, located near the shores of Lake Garda, played host to the fourth round of the Italian GT12 Series 2019. With the weather finally cooperating after several rainy weekends in a row, race conditions were perfect with air temperatures reaching 33°C, while track temperatures soared to 53°C during the finals. With a win still proving elusive in the 2019 edition of the Series, Mattia Dall’Oca was more determined than ever taking control of the field already from Q1 and achieving, by the end of the day, the trifecta of pole position, fastest lap and race win. Beside Mattia, the three Qualification rounds held during the morning saw Luca Tassinari showing a strong pace which was ultimately worth P2 on the A-mains’ grid, closely followed by Alessandro Rampini.
The afternoon’s finals saw Mattia taking control of the proceedings from the tone and finally securing the overall win for round 4 after dominating both A1 and A2. The battle for the lower steps of the podium saw instead a very heated – but super fair – fight among Luca Tassinari, Alessandro Rampini, Alessandro Giubbilei, Leonardo Tagliavini and Roberto Rampini. After several position changes and super close racing in all three A-mains, it was Alessandro Rampini clinching P2 and Alessandro Giubbilei P3.
Top 5 results:
1. Mattia Dall’Oca – Schumacher
2. Alessandro Rampini – Schumacher
3. Alessandro Giubbilei – Schumacher
4. Luca Tassinari – Schumacher
5. Leonardo Tagliavini – Schumacher
Overall top 10 after 4 of 6 rounds:
1. Alessandro Rampini (Treerremodellismo) – 584 points
2. Luca Tassinari (QuelliDelModellismoRC) – 582 points
3. Roberto Rampini (Treerremodellismo) – 581 points
4. Alessandro Giubbilei (A. S. D. Jokerteam Bolzano) – 576 points
5. Riccardo Arcolini (A. S. D. Rivoli Racing) – 555 points
6. Andrea Sartori (A. S. D. Rivoli Racing) – 549 points
7. Alessio Mota (Team Schumacher) – 448 points
7. Mattia Dall’Oca (Team Schumacher) – 448 points
9. Alessio Tolomelli (Team Schumacher) – 447 points
10. Fabrizio Dall’Oca (A. S. D. Jokerteam Bolzano) – 429 points
The Series will next move to Sesso, Reggio Emilia for round 5 on July 14th.