Norwegian 1/10th Buggy Nationals Rd3 – Report
The Marås Raceway of Radøy in Norway played host to round 3 of the Norwegian 1/10th Buggy Nationals last weekend. The weekend kicked off on a wet surface for the 2WD portion of the event and after the opening two qualifiers it looked like it would be a 5-horse race for the overall TQ but on the drying track it was Trond Sætre who would hold the upper hand in front of Peter Stein and Vincent Ruger.
A1 was a fight between these three drivers together with Jostein Helland and Adrian Søgnesand and the five fought it out all the way toll the end. After five minutes of driving it was Peter Stein that took the win in front of Trond Sætre, but the race was close with only a six second spread down to 5th place. In A2 it was Vincent Ruger who would cruise away to a win with a six-seconds lead, again with Trond Sætre in 2nd place. Going into A3 it was a battle between five cars for the overall win, but it was Trond who took the win in front of Peter so the overall victory went to Peter, tied on points with Trond, but with a faster time.
2WD final results:
1. Peter Stein – Team Associated/Reedy/Sunpadow
2. Trond Sætre – Team Associated/Reedy/GensAce
3. Vincent Ruger – Xray/Hobbywing/Sunpadow
4. Arne-Peder Flesvik – Yokomo/Hobbywing/Yokomo
5. Jostein Helland – Team Associated/LRP/LRP
6. Dan Terje Bjørnflaten – Serpent/Hobbywing/GensAce
7. Adrian Søgnesand – Xray/Absima/Sunpadow
8. Stig Reitan – Xray/LRP/Team Orion
9. Tom Havre – Team Associated/LRP/Sunpadow
10.Nils Rønhovde – TLR/Absima/GensAce
On Sunday it was 4WD time and in the first qualifier it was only Adrian Søgnesand, Peter Stein and Arne-Peder Flesvik who were able to score 13 laps runs. Within the next three qualifiers on a drying track Jostein Helland, Dan Terje Bjørnflaten, Vincent Ruger, Torbjørn Jørgensen and Stig Reitan also made it into the 13-laps
club. The overall TQ however went to Adrian in front of Peter and Vincent so the finals were set to be exciting.
In the opening final it was Adrian who set the pace, but after being unlucky and loosing a wheel, Peter took the win just in front of Vincent. A2 was a five minute battle between Adrian, Peter and Arne-Peder with the three changing places and racing as fair and close as it could be. In the end it was Adrian who took the win after fighting hard back after a mid-race mistake. The 2nd place went to Arne-Peder only two seconds behind Adrian. Just as in 2WD it was wide open between four drivers to take the overall win. In the third A-main Adrian led the race in front of Peter, but after an early mistake, Peter could cruise away and take the win. And so, with his win om the first final, Peter took the overall win.
4WD final results:
1. Peter Stein – Team Associated/Reedy/GensAce
2. Adrian Søgnesand – Xray/Absima/Sunpadow
3. Arne-Peder Flesvik – Yokomo/Hobbywing/Yokomo
4. Vincent Ruger – Serpent/Hobbywing/LRP
5. Dan Terje Bjørnflaten – Serpent/Hobbywing/GensAce
6. Stig Reitan – Xray/LRP/Team Orion
7. Steinar Kartevold – Xray/Hobbywing/Sunpadow
8. Torbjørn Jørgensen – Serpent/Team Orion/LRP
9. Jostein Helland – Tekno/Reedy/LRP
10.Frode Pedersen – Team Associated/Team Orion/Team Orion
Thanks to Peter Stein for the report.