Rebellion-RC T4 MM mid-motor chassis conversion kit
Following a couple of preview renderings RC-Carbonstore have finally fully unveiled their Rebellion-RC mid motor electric touring car conversion kits. The upgrade sets centre around the patent pending sliding motor mount design that allows gear mesh adjustment through the chassis bottom, with the narrow design of the whole assembly ensuring the overall motor and battery width remains the same as in the “rear motor” standard cars, creating a very centralised weight distribution and less unwanted chassis roll compared to current mid motor conversions. In addition the design makes for an ultra low centre of gravity while allowing integrated flex settings via up to seven motor mount screws. The sliding design also ensures a very wide gear mesh adjustment range, fitting up to 48T pinion and 114T main gears, making the conversion ideal for both stock and modified racing alike. The final specification of the kit now also incorporates three chassis stiffness adjustment areas that allow to brace the upper and lower deck in front of the rear bulkhead, in front of the centre shaft and behind the front bulkhead – allowing to access complex chassis flex settings.
Other features include a highest quality PA12 material 3-D-printed diff pulley that is precision CNC-milled for a perfect finish, a precision-machined stainless steel main shaft as well as the possibility to combine all three aluminium colour options of black, orange and natural with Rebellion-RC’s full range of carbon fibre twill colours. Not to be forgotten is a floating motor fan mount that attaches to the motor mount and that ensures lower motor temperatures while not disturbing natural chassis flex. Included with the kits, that are completely made in Austria, also come high-quality Bando Kevlar belts as well as all needed screws and bearings. The MM conversions are available for the Xray T4 and also for the Team Associated TC7.2 as well as the Yokomo BD9 and BD8 with conversions for other cars coming at a later date.
– All-new unique 3-piece slider motor mount, patent pending
– Motor adjusting through the chassis bottom
– Wide adjusting range, fits up to 48T pinions and 114T spurs (usable for Stock as well as modified)
– Ultra low centre of gravity
– Integrated flex-adjusting with seven motor mount screws
– Motor/battery width unchanged
– All parts made in Austria with highest precision
– Highest Quality 3-D-printed diff pulley made out of PA12 on HP-Fusionjet printers and precision CNC milled for perfect finish
– Comes with high-quality Bando Kevlar belts
– All bearings and screws included
Source: RC-Carbonstore [rc-carbonstore.com]