The third round and midway point of the X-Factory UK Winter Series took place this past Saturday, with a good turnout in both classes. A technical and tricky track greeted the racers and once all four rounds of qualifying had concluded it was Mark Lewis (Team Associated) who would take the TQ in the 2WD class in round 4, followed by Alex Haywood (Team Associated) in 2nd, Joe Renton (Team Associated) completed the AE 1-2-3 for qualifying in 3rd, Karl Jackson (Schumacher) in 4th, Gareth Cutting (Team Associated) in 5th and Brandon Young (Team Associated) in 6th, the remaining A-final spots would be decided via the bump-ups and those who would promote from the B-final.
In 4WD, TQ went to Darren Boyle (LC Racing) who took TQ in all 4 rounds, Nick Dale (Yokomo) was in 2nd from Oliver Szymanksi (Corally) in 3rd, Jonathan Szymanski (Corally) 4th, Sam Cook (Xray) 5th and Ian Watson (Team C) in 6th.
On to the finals and the 2WD B-final was a great battle for the lead throughout the race between several drivers. Matthew Gammons (Schumacher) took the win from P3 with Charlie Leonard (Schumacher) coming from P6 to take the second and final bump to the A-main. Just missing out in 3rd was young Lex Clarke (Xray) who was just a couple of seconds behind second place at the finish. The final race of the day was the 2WD A-final, pole man Mark Lewis led the field away and despite early pressure, eased his way to a comfortable 4 second win from Alex Haywood in 2nd and Joe Renton completing the podium in 3rd and the clean sweep for Team Associated.
So at the half way stage in the series, the 2WD top 10 look as follows.
2WD Buggy top 3 after round 3:
1. Mark Lewis – Associated – 445 pts
2. Joe Renton – Associated – 432 pts
3. Gareth Cutting – Associated – 409 pts
4. John Renton – Schumacher – 392 pts
5. Lex Clarke – Xray – 386 pts
6. Charlie Leonard – Schumacher – 384 pts
7. Mike Ketteringham – Schumacher – 376 pts
8. Jason Clarke – Xray – 362 pts
9. Callum Boyle – TLR – 356 pts
10.Csilla Ketteringham – Associated – 342 pts
The 4WD A-final was taken by Nick Dale from 2nd on the grid. Sam Cook came through from P5 to take 2nd with Jonathan Szymanski in 3rd.
4WD Buggy top 3 after round 3:
1. Darren Boyle – LC Racing – 444 pts
2. Oliver Szymanksi – Corally – 440 pts
3. Nick Dale – Yokomo – 296 pts
4. Sam Breton – Corally – 292 pts
5. Jonathan Szymanski – Corally – 287 pts
6. Ian Watson – Team C – 279 pts
7. Sam Cook – Xray – 145 pts
8. Stephen Blak – Associated – 139 pts
9t. Yoshi Ohmura – Xray – 138 pts
The series takes a break now for Christmas and New Year and returns in 2020 for the next round on January 25th.