Xray have announced the soon release of their new RX8’21 1/8th scale nitro on-road kit. The IC Track car features several updates compared to the previous version such as a new stealth black design including parts such as the bulkheads and shock absorbers, doing away with the company’s iconic orange anodising. Also part of the package are lightweight bulkheads for improved flex characteristics, while a new chassis layout moves the engine closer to the rear axle for improved traction and stability. In addition a redesigned radio plate allows the chassis to flex more, increasing steering and front end grip. Next up is a new ribbed 2-speed carrier for improved and more consistent shifting thanks to increased cooling capacity while a lightened brake disc adapter reduces rotational masses. The lighter and shorter rear solid axle further reduces rotating masses while expanding the rear width adjustment possibilities.
Other features include new drive belts to match the updated engine position and chassis layout and all-new composite rear body holder arms from harder material make for increased stability. In addition all-new and shorter rear extensions, with a new shock absorber geometry and featuring a threaded hole to secure the shock mount screw for easier maintenance, increase overall traction. Last but not least comes an updated front bumper that improves durability and reduces body flex in high speed corners. The 2021 kit will hit stores very shortly.
– All-new stealth black design
– All-new lightened bulkheads for improved flex characteristics
– All-new chassis layout moves the engine closer to the rear axle for increased traction and stability
– All-new redesigned radio plate allows more flex to generate more steering and traction
– All-new ribbed 2-speed carrier for improved and more consistent shifting
– All-new lightened brake disc adapter to reduce the rotating mass
– All-new lighter & shorter rear solid axle to reduce rotating mass and to expand the rear width adjustment possibilities
– All-new drive belts to match the updated engine position and chassis layout
– All-new composite rear body holder arms from harder material for increased stability
– All-new shorter rear extensions with a new shock absorber geometry for increased traction; featuring a threaded hole to secure the shock mount screw for easier maintenance
– Updated front bumper to improve durability and reduce body flex in high speed corners