Horizon Hobby have introduced the new Axial SCX10 III Jeep JLU Wrangler RTR portal axle trail truck. While continuing to incorporate key components that have made SCX10 vehicles successful, the SCX10 III increases chassis realism with details that include a replica V8 engine to house the installed brushed motor. It is mated to a realistic transmission housing and transfer case, like a full-scale vehicle. The RTR also comes complete with the Spektrum DX3 3-channel 2.4GHz DSMR transmitter and Firma 40A ESC/receiver.
Out of the box, the SCX10 III Jeep JLU Wrangler transmission features a third-channel DIG function that lets the driver lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius. As an alternative, owners can set up the vehicle with a two-speed transmission instead and select between high and low speeds. The vehicle also uses portal axles to improve performance by increasing the ground clearance and reducing torque twist. Its standard battery tray accepts full-size “standard” LiPo or NiMH packs. There’s space on the side rails as well for drivers who prefer smaller packs. Inner fenders and floor sides hide internal components that would usually be visible from the side of the chassis. The chassis is topped off with a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited four-door body that includes a roll cage, front hood vents and cowl, windshield wipers, mirrors, door handles and other moulded-in details, plus a detailed interior and LED lighting. New taller and wider, officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler tyres on 3-piece beadlock wheels add more scale realism and more grip on dirt, rocks, and all other off-road trails.
– Replica V8 engine, transmission housing and transfer case cover and protect the motor while improving scale appearance
– Chassis tray accepts full-size, “standard” LiPo or NiMH batteries, with space on the side rails for running small pack sizes
– DIG function lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for front wheel drive and a tighter turning radius
– Two-speed transmission option available for high and low speeds
– Portal axles increase ground clearance and reduce torque twist
– Adjustable wheelbase chassis allows each driver to choose the size of their chassis
– Inner fenders and floor sides hide internal components usually visible from the side of the chassis
– Licensed KMC Machete 3-piece beadlock wheels provide scale looks and let you remove and replace tires without gluing
– Officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler tyres in a new taller and wider size increase ground clearance and grip
– Fully rebuildable, oil-filled shocks include clear anodised, threaded shock bodies, coilover springs, and an emulsion-style cap with screw for easier rebuilds
– Spektrum DX3 2.4GHz DSMR radio offers superior range, response, and interference resistance and is Smart technology compatible
– High-quality Spektrum Firma Smart 40A ESC/receiver provides the innovative telemetry capabilities of exclusive Spektrum Smart technology
– Metal gear, 15kg high torque servo is waterproof for driving with confidence in any weather and trail conditions
– Scale Jeep Wrangler Unlimited body in orange or grey colour with detailed interior