Mugen Seiki have introduced the follow up to the MTC1, the company’s first entry into the EP touring car arena, the aptly named MTC2. The all new design has a number of new innovations including extra long carbon lower arms with new pivot inserts to eliminate slop and a low centre of gravity shock mounting position mounted using lightweight lower shock and anti-roll bar mount with adjustable ARB links. Following the current touring car trend, the MTC2 also features a mid motor configuration which makes it more stable and have a more balanced feeling on the track, while a new rear differential has smoother diff action and more consistent handling.
New Features Transmission:
– Centre drive layout and motor position makes the MTC2 more stable and has a more balanced feeling on the track.
– New rear differential without shims between 18T and diff case has smoother diff action and more consistent handling.
– New lightweight front spool and Centre pulley assembly.
– New inner drive ratio 1.9
– New extra long carbon lower arms with new pivot inserts to eliminate slop.
– Lightweight lower shock and anti roll bar mount with adjustable ARB links.
– Easy caster and camber adjustment on upper arms.
– Low Centre of Gravity shock mounting position.
– New shock design provides maximum range of spring pre-tension adjustment and easy assembly.
– New shock towers provide finer adjustment of shock position and offer the possibility to keep the front bulkhead unconnected.
– Low Centre of Gravity anti roll bar mounting position.
– Adjustable body height stoppers mounted to the front uprights prevent the body from touching the tires when suspension is fully compressed.
– New zero slop steering system.
– New curved main chassis design provides a more consistent touching with the track surface.
– Additional weight distribution hole provide easy adjustment not only for left to right balance, but also for front and rear weight distribution.
– Multiple flex options.
– 1 pc. upper deck included and 2pc. upper deck available as an option.
– Cooling fan mount included.
– Aluminium or Carbon Fibre chassis material options for the MTC2 kit.
New tapeless battery mount secures the battery and decreases the chance of chassis tweak for more consistent handling.