Team Associated RC10B6.4 Team Kit
Team Associated’s RC10B6.4 platform continues the trend of offering two kit configurations. Both kits include the next generation 13mm diameter big-bore shocks and springs to provide the ultimate in damping and stability. The larger diameter shocks reduce pressure inside the shock and minimise the effects of the shaft displacement. This allows the buggy to feel like it’s riding on an invisible cloud when you hit harsh jumps and landings. The chassis, front end, and steering system is optimised for running reduced caster and kickup, which excels on high speed, high grip surfaces. An updated steering system with adjustable height bellcranks helps racers minimise bumpsteer. In addition, the front suspension is equipped with new -1mm kingpin offset steering and caster blocks for smooth and predictable front end feel through the entire throw. The -1mm design pushes the steering pivot closer the centre of the front tire, keeping the front end flat through the entire steering throw.
Both buggies are equipped with a new chassis layout and ESC weights that allow forward mounted electronics closer to the servo, as well as additional forward battery placement over the previous model. All of the new weight tuning options allow for more high-speed stability and on-power steering on high grip carpet. The #90034 RC10B6.4 Team Kit will be the buggy of choice for high grip carpet or turf track surfaces with the new +3mm chassis layout, 11mm Octalock LCF slipper clutch setup, steel ESC and servo weights, and included anti-roll bars front and rear. The #90035 RC10B6.4D Team Kit includes a new dirt-length 19mm Octalock LCF slipper clutch setup, aluminium ESC weight, layback gearbox, and an optimised dirt kit setup. Both cars share many great features, such as an easy-access rear differential, new wide pivot rear aluminium arm mounts for use with 73mm arms and 69mm CVA bones, and updated carbon fibre shock towers with moulded protective covers. The setups and tuning parts remain interchangeable between the two configurations. Both versions come with the speed, durability and lineage expected of a true champion. Choose the configuration that suits your track and conquer the competition.
– New 13mm big-bore threaded aluminium shocks and springs with machined shock pistons for improved bump and jump handling
– New dirt length aluminium chassis with 22.5deg. kick-up to complement updated front-end geometry and with new shape to reduce chassis scrub with the track surface 20deg, 22.5deg, and 25deg moulded bulkheads included for a complete range of caster and kickup options
– New adjustable height steering bellcrank and rack system for optimised bumpsteer at all ride heights and caster angles
– New -1mm kingpin offset steering and caster block set for smoother and more predictable steering through the entire wheel throw
– New steel RC10B6.4 ESC mounting tray shifted forward in the chassis and with a wider footprint to fit electronics, resulting in a further forward weight bias
– New front ballstud mount, top plate, and front wing mount to account for the kickup angle change
– New chassis side rails with three fan mount locations to choose from depending on chassis length and transmission used
– New caged thrust bearing for ball differential
– New cab-forward design RC10B6.4 bodyshell offered in standard (kit) and lightweight (optional) thickness
Source: Associated [associatedelectrics.com]