Tamiya BBX 2WD Buggy
Maybe not offering the same level of excitement as the past when all the RC brands revealed their new cars, the Nuremburg Toy Fair opened today with Tamiya providing the most interesting new releases so far. First up is the all new BBX. Tamiya’s designers have taken inspiration from its back catalog of iconic 2WD off-road buggies to bring fans of radio control the new buggy. The 1:10 2WD off-road buggy model features a combination of classic design and modern performance. Its brand-new chassis, reminiscent of 1980’s sand rail dune buggies, is a hybrid monocoque-roll cage and employs rear trailing arm suspension inspired by full-size UTV’s. The new body is designed by famed Japanese artist Atsushi Arino and utilises a classic 1980’s inspired livery with retro wheels and tires to match.
• 1/10 R/C assembly kit. Length: 414mm, height: 136mm, width: 233mm. Wheelbase: 283mm.
• The classically designed 0.7mm thick polycarbonate body is split into three sections to recreate the tapered lower shape of the actual dune buggy.
• NEW: Newly designed 2WD chassis is based on the one-piece monocoque frame and roll cage to allow use of realistic bodies.
• The BB-01 chassis employs new front double wishbone suspension with A-shaped arms and rear trailing arm suspension with long trailing arms which are inspired by UTVs and give impressive performance.
• The 2WD chassis with rear motor features rear-position, inspired by the same layout of the actual vehicles of the era and allows great rear traction.
• The four-wheel double wishbone suspension system uses CVA oil front/rear aluminum aeration dampers for impressive performance and classic look.
• Transmission uses the TA06 rear oil-filled gear differential which allows the use of many existing Grade-Up parts.
• Features full ball bearings and universal drive shafts.
• Rear roll cage can be removed by detaching screws, which ensures ease of maintenance around motor.
• NEW: New metal-plated bead lock type wheels are paired with NEW large-diameter tires.
• Includes driver figure and light cases for extra realism, and 5th spare tire mount adapter. (Spare tire may be purchased separately for added realism)
• Requires 2-channel radio, steering servo, 540 motor, ESC, 7.2-7.4volt battery with compatible charger and Tamiya PS paint to complete.
Source: Tamiya [tamiya.com]
Show Images: The RC Racer [thercracer.com]