Schumacher have unleashed their latest CAT with the introduction of the K1, an ultra modern 1/10th scale 4wd electric powered buggy. Schumacher’s R&D department and highly skilled international racing team have developed a simple, yet highly efficient twin belt transmission, with optimised motor position and belt length that offers equalised front and rear drive. The CAT K1 also features a long top deck that promotes controlled flex, improved steering geometry for millimeter perfect control plus a whole host of detailed changes and improvements.
– New Optimised 2 belt transmission with efficient low tension Bando belts running on large CNC machined pulleys.
– New 2.0mm aluminium chassis with aerospace grade carbon fibre top deck.
– New Moulded side pods for superb dirt protection.
– New Mid motor layout with adjustable motor position.
– New Chassis mounted, angled steering bell cranks for low C of G.
– New Steering rack design for improved dynamic ackerman throughout the steering range.
– New Long top deck for superior flex characteristics.
– New Black anodised components for the aggressive stealth look.
– New Medium flex suspension arms as standard.
– New Stronger pivot blocks and pivot block mounting system.
– New ‘High agility’ small bore shocks with big bore springs, titanium nitride shafts, threaded collars and twin o-ring sealing.
– New Machined tapered pistons with different colours for easy identification.
– New Optimum weight distribution with adjustable saddle pack layout.
– New Larger layshaft bearings.
– New Belt adjustment for consistent driveshaft geometry at all belt tensions.
– New Cab forward body shell for improved jump handling, bump stability and high speed cornering.
– New Large high down force rear wing enhances cab forward aero package.
– Super free, limited slip ball diffs with extreme high strength silicone nitride balls.
– Strong steel universal driveshafts.
– Rubber sealed, super precision ball bearings throughout.
– Smooth twin pad vented slipper with easy access adjustment.
– Unique motor clamp mount to fine tune weight distribution.
– Optional gear diff available.
– Horizontally split transmission housings for easy diff access and maintenance.
– Optimised chassis shape to improve roll stability.
– Rigid servo mount directly to the chassis for precise steering.
– Class leading suspension geometry with durable components and a huge range of optional alloy parts, offering adjustments to setup your CAT K1 to all track conditions.
– Adjustable rear roll centres, inboard toe-in/toe-out, anti-squat and track width (using optional speed secret parts).
– Adjustable front roll centres, rake angle and track width (using optional speed secret parts).
– Strong, rigid 4mm aero space carbon fibre shock brackets.